The next meeting of the Alki Community Council will be on Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 7:00 pm.
- Update on Alki Enforcement Plans b Lt. Ron Smith, SW Precinct, Seattle Police Department
- Pedestrian Improvements in Conjunction with Bike Lane and Safety Improvements to Southwest Admiral Way
- Upcoming Alki Applications to Seattle Department of Transportation funds
- Understanding Today’s Factors of Growth–Kerry Wade, Seattle Department of Neighborhoods.
- Report from New City Council Member Lisa Herbold.
NOTICE TIME CHANGE
The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m., 30 minutes earlier than usual, to allow members to attend the West Seattle Design Review board meeting at 8:00 p.m. at the West Seattle Senior Center.
From the November 19, 2015 meeting:
• Report from Southwest precinct of Seattle Police Department
• Update on Perch project, 100-unit apartment planned for 1250 Alki Ave SW
• Concerns over use of Alki Beach for volleyball
• Better integration of Water Taxi bus with King County Metro bus system
• Reelection of ACC officers and board, there being no other nominations
The regular monthly meeting of the Alki Community Council set for Thursday, October 15, is being cancelled, so that members can attend the City’s Design Review Guidance meeting for the 125-unit apartment building planned for 1250 SW Alki Ave. Discussion of the project attracted large turn-outs at our last two meetings, so the board decided to cancel our regular meeting to encourage a large turn-out for the project’s review at the West Seattle Senior Center at 6:30 pm on the same night, Thursday, October 15. The West Seattle Senior Center is at 4217 SW Oregon St.