The April 17, 2014 meeting will be at its regular location, Alki UCC, 6115 SW Hinds St, Seattle, WA, at 7:00 pm.
Note change in location this month only. Meet at the Carpenter house, 3254 63rd Ave SW, Seattle WA, 7:00 pm, March 20, 2014.
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Marc Rudd, builder/owner, and Jerome Diepenbrock, architect, for the Alki Rowhouse Project at 3015 60th Ave SW, presented their plans for two buildings of four units each at this address. Eight tandem parking units (for 2 cars each) accessible through the alley will be included. Documents for this project are at seattle.gov, Department of Planning and Development, Permit #3016365
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Jim Borrow and Tony Fragada are composing a letter about building height. The ACC’s letter is in response to a letter from Sally Clark of the Seattle City Council to the Department of Planning Development.
The ACC voted to send a letter in support of West Seattle Bike Connections and their application for a grant to improve the intersection at SW Spokane St and Harbor Ave SW.
(Both of these letters were sent in late January.)
1) Michelle Allison, Legislative Aide for Councilman Joe McDermott’s office will be giving us some background on data being gathered for the WS Water Taxi Shuttle. The KC Water Taxi District is also reviewing this past year’s statistics. This should help inform our response as Metro looks at route modifications for next year.
2) WS Transportation Coalition has sent a letter to local officials urging them to take a comprehensive look at transportation on the peninsula. ACC will be informed of follow-up meetings and activities where we can work together.
3) The 2414 55th Ave Rowhouse Development has received DPD approval for moving forward. The 3008 Alki Ave rowhouse comment period ends 18th Oct. It would be good to get a formal vote on whether this type of development is appropriate for Alki.
4) “Alki Girls” statue location has been selected (just north of Salty’s). Review of past projects (Weatherwatch Park, Cormorant Park, Constellation Park, Alki Founders Monument, Statue of Liberty, Bathouse Renovation, Sealsitters Statue) may help us understand how to respond to any future requests for support.
1) Report by SPD SW Precinct on Alki public safety this past summer.
2) Board discussion of topics to be addressed this fall and winter, e.g.: status of 501(c)3 application; residential parking zone; emergency preparedness; landslide mitigation; Water Taxi shuttle; DPD Building Code issues; flood insurance; Statue of Liberty Plaza MOA; ACC Webpage.