From the November 19, 2015 meeting:
• Report from Southwest precinct of Seattle Police Department
• Update on Perch project, 100-unit apartment planned for 1250 Alki Ave SW
• Concerns over use of Alki Beach for volleyball
• Better integration of Water Taxi bus with King County Metro bus system
• Reelection of ACC officers and board, there being no other nominations
The regular monthly meeting of the Alki Community Council set for Thursday, October 15, is being cancelled, so that members can attend the City’s Design Review Guidance meeting for the 125-unit apartment building planned for 1250 SW Alki Ave. Discussion of the project attracted large turn-outs at our last two meetings, so the board decided to cancel our regular meeting to encourage a large turn-out for the project’s review at the West Seattle Senior Center at 6:30 pm on the same night, Thursday, October 15. The West Seattle Senior Center is at 4217 SW Oregon St.
The special guest will be Clay Eals, executive director of the Southwest Seattle Historical Society, describing the partnership with the new Alki Homestead owner.
The guest will be Officer Jon Flores of the Southwest Precinct Community Police Team.
- Noise and traffic on Alki beginning early this year
- Candidates for Seattle City Council District 1 total eight so far